There has been a lot on my mind during those weeks
That said, I have some resolutions for the new year:
- Be more active - get outside and do more things, work out and exercise at least 3 times a week
- Learn to cook - for my boyfriend and for myself - experiment more in the kitchen and learn from the mistakes
- Find some time to read - pick up a book (not just blogs or magazines) and read it from start to finish
- Practice Spanish - keep it fresh for a new job and also just because it's a good skill to have
- Be comfortable being myself - perhaps the most important of all - stop trying to make everyone happy and stay true to myself, don't stress out, don't try to juggle too many things, be secure and confident in all aspects of life including BF time, family time, blogging, fashion and future. Be happy, stay positive - you only live once!
Annnnd, since I'm behind on photo-taking, here are some candid shots of my holiday fun:
|For Christmas Eve at my cousins, I wore my vintage leather skirt|
with tights and suede booties and finished it off with a vintage
sparkly pink sequin sweater from my great aunt
|Cooking Lebanese food: me, cousin, sister stringing cheese|
|my Great Aunt Margaret (who owned the sequin cardi) cooking|
kibbi and meat pies with my cousin, Paige
|Paige and I kissing our eggplant-friend before he became baba ganouj|
|finished meat pies that I helped make!|
My dad has a tradition - we all go to this little town in NC called
Horneytown (yes, really!) and take family photos
Our real last name is Horney...so that is why
|Though not terribly festive, we were at least coordinating in greens & purples|
|Under my Anthropologie trench I wore my skinny jeans and a|
vintage 70s button down finished off with my favorite vintage boots and
a new scarf - a Christmas gift from my sister
|The Horneytown sign is in front of a fire station.|
Some of the guys saw us and wanted to join in on the fun!
Here is my sister, Chandler, and I modeling their hats in front of the truck
So, the point of my initial ranting is that I'm back and I'm here to stay. But I want this blog to remain a fun outlet for me and, in order to not create any additional stress, I want to post when I can rather than a set schedule that may at times be hard to keep up. I don't want to stress about outfit photos either - I'll take them when I can, and I'll be posting a lot more inspirational and photo-centric posts. Thank you to everyone for reading, supporting, and generally providing a much needed outlet for my thoughts :-).
How were your holidays?
What are your New Year resolutions??
And can you believe it's already 2012???