Friday, December 9, 2011

All-American

This is another great transitional outfit for uncertain weather or the in-between-season stage:
J. Crew button-down - FC ($7.50)
Inhabit lightweight sweater - FC ($18)
H&M shorts - FC ($10) also seen here, here and here
Soho Lab wedges - FC ($10)
Vintage Coach purse - FC ($38)
multi chain necklace - FC; scarf - long ago

About my outfit:  I combined a few of my favorite things at the moment in this outfit: I layered a paper-thin sweater over a checkered button-down (have you seen enough of this yet?) and juxtaposed long and short by pairing the layered top with shorts on the bottom.  Keeping the palette neutral, I went with the closest thing to nude wedges I have so as to elongate my legs and then added gold accessories that correspond with the short's belt buckle.  My new red Coach purse really makes this an all-American look and the scarf ties it all together.


Have you ever worn an "American" color palette?

8 comments:

Style Journey said...

Cannot believe it's warm enough for shorts! So jealous :) The gingham top looks fab under your sweater and the necklace looks so chic. Have a great weekend!

Annie L said...

I love how you're rocking a Fall-y look with shorts. So cute, and I love how the American colors are subtle.
Also, love your "fall formula" below. This in between weather is tricky!
--Annie

danielle and dinosaur toes said...

i love this look, and i think it's very reminiscent of a 1950's actress. right now, the snows of kilimanjaro is coming to mind.

SassyUptownChic said...

SUPER cute Amanda! Love that blue!!! Looks awesome on you. Your shorts are sweet girl. This definitely is all american. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

I really like your shorts! And the bag adds a nice pop of color! :)

The Closet Shopper said...

Those shorts are incredible. Love the preppy look with the shorts. It gives it a chic look that makes it new and different.

xo,
Tracy

Juggling Chic said...

Those shorts are very cute! They look great on you!!

Amy He said...

This is lovely. New follower x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...