|Express dress (from seasons ago) - FC ($12)|
Ipanema sandals (designed by Gisele) - FC ($8)
Vintage Dooney & Bourke bag - FC ($35)
Peacock feather earrings, FC ($3.50); Jade bangle - from bf
- Steer clear of jeans: the hems will get wet and denim tends to stick which can be really uncomfortable
- Cotton is king: it can get wet, be washed and dried...perfect fabric for crazy weather
- Rain-proof shoes: no leather! try rainboots or, like me, sandals that can get wet
- Be careful with short or flouncy skirts: the wind will definitely catch it and you'll be pulling a "marilyn monroe" which, while sexy, is not always the best look
- Don't worry about your hair: no use spending hours fixing it because it will not last. i usually braid mine or just let it air-dry and do as it pleases
I hope everyone on the east coast is safe from Irene. We made it out pretty well actually, some friends lost power but we never did...though we did lose internet. Yesterday after the storm the bf and I went to the ocean where he surfed, I photographed, and lots of people found some really awesome shells (including a starfish bigger than this guy's hand) that had been knocked up to shore. How did my east coast friends hold up?
P.S. I apologize for the less-than-stellar quality of these photos...poor lighting!
Tell me, what do you wear when the weather is crazy? Do you have any tips or go-to outfits for rainy days?