Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Best Form of Flattery: 4th edition: Pinterest

The Best Form of Flattery series is all about finding inspiration from a variety of sources.  Today we had two very similar inspiration photos, both of which came from pinterest.  Here is what I came up with:
Theory pants - gift from Mom via consignment boutique in Greensboro
Forever 21 over-sized sweater - FC($7.50)
Liz Claiborne heels - FC($10)
Vintage clutch - FC($10)
Vintage chain belt - FC@MJ($3.50); Necklace - FC($6)

I took the inspiration to add a pop of color on my feet to an all-neutral outfit from this pinterest-found look:
Pinned Image

About my outfit:  I chose the brown-toned inspiration photo this week.  I loved the laid-back attitude of this look, and it inspired me to pull out my new trousers that I thought were pretty similar to the photo.  I continued to copy the photo by adding my over-sized sweater.  I chose to belt mine, however, to create a little waist definition and keep my figure flattered.  I realized I don't have any actual "pumps" in my wardrobe (mental wishlist) so I went with my coral-colored heels as the pop of color.  I tied in the coral with my necklace and finished the look off with a bit of vintage in my clutch.

Let's see what you came up with!

Just follow the link below to add your own pinterest-inspired look.  And remember, the link will be open for one full week (until next Sunday) so you still have plenty of time if you'd like to participate!!




For next week:
The Best Form of Flattery: 5th edition: Gap

Pinned Image

For the next edition of the Best Form of Flattery, we are going back to designers and lookbooks.  Fall is here and what better way to embrace the cooler weather than to layer up!  I love layers and that is what I really loved the most about this look from Gap.

So let's see what you can come up with and how you can be inspired by this.  Remember, the Best Form of Flattery does not have to be an exact rendition of the picture (though it can be), you can break it down and be inspired by any piece of it!  Come back next week to link-up your inspired look.

7 comments:

Style Journey said...

Great take with the inspiration photo. I LOVE your pants! The corals for your pop of color are so fun. The oversized sweater is so pretty and I love how you belted it. Heather

Chandana said...

Haven't been on your blog for a while. Just browsed through all the posts that I missed.
I love this flattery series that you've started. Nice look!

joy said...

Your outfit is so laid back and chic! Love it :) Your heels are so colorful and pretty, looks so nice with your brown pants.

my thrifty closet said...

very feminine and classy look. I like the delicate details of the sweater, looks pretty with the chain belt and necklace. Nice pants too.

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Car Hendrix said...

You're stylish! Love your blog,I follow you! If you want we can follow each other and keep in contact :)
Car
http://waytheby.blogspot.com/

A Very Sweet Blog said...

You did an AMAZING job! Love that sweater, those pants and shoes! I love pinterest and think it's fab you are doing this. :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I really love this outfit on you-I'm not great with neutrals but you rocked this look! Your heels add the perfect pop of colour! I already took photos of my outfit and will be posting on Thurs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...