Thursday, November 17, 2011

Playing With Texture

Quick post today because I've got a lot going on!  I'm playing with texture in this outfit and linking up with some very thrifty ladies...
Vintage sweater - thrifted, BB ($4)
Vintage leather skirt - FC ($12)
We Who See booties - FC ($16)
Francesca's clutch - gift from Mom
Vintage belt - FC ($5)
Jade bangle - gift from BF; ring - Mom;
southwestern earrings - FC ($10)

About my outfit:  I thrifted this sweater a few weeks back and it's finally getting cold enough to wear it.  I love the details - there is no front or back, as there are no tags, because it was hand-knit.  The neckline makes it unique and so I tried to show that off by wearing my hair back.  For this minimalistic look, I played more with texture than color by combining the soft knit with my leather skirt and suede booties.  My leather belt adds the finishing touch and looks almost like it was a part of the skirt, and then I added a pop of color (and texture) with my scalloped clutch.


Do you like to play with texture?


And don't forget, I'll be choosing a winner for the $20 off gift card to elegantees on Saturday, November 19th so if you haven't entered the GIVEAWAY yet...go do it!!!

11 comments:

Gracey the Giant said...

Love all of the different textures going on in this outfit - the addition of the clutch is just perfect.

I'm trying to get better with playing with texture, but I mostly depend on color to do the heavy lifting for me.

Style Journey said...

LOVE THIS! I seriously need a leather skirt now :) What a pretty and soft sweater too. The color is gorgeous.

Texture kind of scares me like pattern mixing. I dabble in it, but haven't gone full on yet. Lace is my hardest thing to style for some reason. Heather

my thrifty closet said...

very nice texture contrast! I like the look of sleek leather against the soft and warm sweater. The cute and soft fabric clutch is a pretty find. The belt looks interesting too, is that a bird on the buckle? Cute

mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

A Very Sweet Blog said...

Cute outfit Amanda! I love soft sweaters and that leather skirt looks awesome. It's like sexy meets sweet! :D
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Chandana said...

Very pretty! I love the color of your sweater. Been searching for a similar color since very long!

Meagan said...

That leather skirt is so gorgeous! Thanks for linking up!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

Unknown said...

Your clutch is too cute and I love all the texturing-perfect for the cold weather! I just linked up to Best Form of Flattery :)

The Closet Shopper said...

Yeppers. I love it. That skirt is gorgeous. I just bought a leather skirt second hand. I will be wearing it as soon as it arrives in the mail. I hope it does arrive. Oh, now I'm worried. haha.

You look beautiful as always.

xo,
Tracy

Teddi said...

you have hit the texture jackpot with that outfit! i like it.

Laura @ A Little Bit of Lacquer said...

I like how you mixed the leather and knit! I'm still in search of a good leather skirt!

http://alittlebitoflacquer.blogspot.com

Annie L said...

Love the leather skirt!
--Annie
newenglandromance.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...