Here are some of my determining factors:
- Weather - I always check the weather in the mornings (which weirds the BF out because when I ask he always says "why don't you just walk outside?" Nope, I have to hear it from the all-knowing weather man...) This is important, though, so I'll know if I should dress for rain or if I will need a sweater or jacket, etc.
- Work - As you all know, I work at a consignment shop. We have 2 locations: the original is significantly larger and busier than the newer one. This is important so that I know whether I'll be wearing flats, boots or comfortable wedges, or if I can get away with my highest heels and Jeffrey Campbells!
- Feminine Issues - Since I assume all my readers are female, I have no issues with discussing feminine happenings. If I'm on my period, you better believe I'm dressing more comfortably as a way to deal with cramps, bloating, or perhaps some extra sweet cravings...
- Availability - Laundry. The availability of what I'm planning to wear is important because if it is in the dirty pile of clothes/laundry basket I
usuallywon't pull it out to wear, but will plan another outfit with what is clean and available.
- Time - This refers to how much time I have to get ready. I like to give myself 1 hour from pre-shower to finish. If I don't like what I thought I was going to wear, I might spend more time trying different combinations until I find something I like...and then just throw my hair in a braid or leave it as it is (as usual). Also, if we go out for breakfast or get errands run in the morning and I have less time, I'm more likely to throw on a "formula" outfit or something I've already worn and liked before!
- Mood - Sometimes you're just in a funk, and nothing looks good, and nothing fits right. Mood is important because if I'm having one of those days, I tend to stick with a basic, trusty outfit that I know will make me look and feel good!
About my outfit: Today's determining factors were: weather and feminine issues. The news provided me with a 100% chance of rain (although it is sunny and beautiful right now) and it's that time for me, so basically, I wanted to be comfortable! I followed my favorite Fall formula and layered an oversized sweater over a strapless dress. I anchored the look down with touches of brown and the embroidery in the boots ties in the arm candy with the colors of my dress. My hair was super tangled yesterday from wearing it wavy so I tied it into a side braid to give it a breather!
What are some factors that determine what you'll wear each day??