Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Lace & Red

In honor of the lovey-dovey holiday of Valentine's tomorrow, here's a romantic-inspired look that combines black lace and a pop of red:
Vintage skirt - FC ($8)
F21 lace top - FC ($6.50)
We Who See booties - FC ($16)
Vintage Coach purse - FC ($38)
Gold chain-link necklace & belt - FC@MJ

About my outfit:  I think pleats and lace is an understated-ly sexy combination.  When I took these photos the weather was still warm enough to sport bare legs (though the outfit would be just as cute with black tights) and I liked the texture contrast of lace, pleats, and suede.  Since there's enough going on with textures, I kept the accessories simple: gold chains.  The pop of red in my vintage Coach purse (and occasional red scarf) really pushes this into a "Valentine's Day look" don't you think?


What do you wear for Valentine's Day?

9 comments:

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Dear Amanda, it was so nice to see that you stopped by. Buckwheat is the most adorable pup, I know you are in love. You are a such a beauty. Your outfit is just so pretty with your mix of pleats, lace and the punch of red. I especially love your Coach bag. Are you thinking about starting another round of link ups? How is your job going? Have a great Valentine's day darling. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Unknown said...

I agree about lace being understated sexy! I love it though because I can still wear lace tanks/camisoles under blazers and cardigans to work without it being too much! I love your outfit, and the pop of red is perfect for Valentine's Day!

-Rachel :)
www.rachelslookbook.com

Gracey the Giant said...

That is a great lace top, and perfect with the pleated skirt.

And I am madly in love with those booties - so cute!

Style Journey said...

So pretty! The combo of the skirt and top paired with the boots is a great mix of romantic and a little bit of edge. Those boots are adorable!

Chandana said...

Totally adore your skirt and the lace top!

Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

joy said...

I love the black, white, and red outfit with lace! It's really pretty :) by the way, yes the pink f21 skirt was a recent purchase, f21 has a LOT of asymmetrical skirts right now :)

The Closet Shopper said...

Great skirt and even more great bag. I mean, all of it is great but those 2 pieces really stood out for me.

xo,
Tracy

Unknown said...

what a fabulous look! love the entire outfit, especially the shoes. :) great red accent, and you have great photos. :) i am now following via google. i would be so honored if you decided to do the same. :) cheers and all the best on your blog!
xoxo
jasmine
http://adamalexmommy.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...