Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Fall-Colored Color-Block

If you saw my Fall Inspiration post a few months ago, then you know what a fan I am of earth tones and muted Autumn hues.  Back at home my room is painted burnt orange and my favorite cardigan is mustard (see me style it here, here & here).  I've always been drawn to the colors of the 70s, and this look is no exception:
Michael Stars top - FC ($9)
Acne skinny jeans - FC ($45)
J.Crew mustard belt - gift from Mom in AZ
Vintage Dex boots - FC ($24)
Vintage necklace & clip-on earrings set - Xmas gift from Mom

About my outfit:  How do you decide what to wear each day??  I usually start with one piece - this time it was this Michael Stars shirt that I've had for a week or two but hadn't worn yet.  I paired it with my Paper, Denim & Cloth jeans...but it just didn't look right.  So I switched to my trusty skinny jeans but thought my shirt was way too long.  Then I added my new mustard belt (finally - a skinny color belt!) and as soon as I did that, I knew my brick-red boots would pull this whole Fall-colored color-block look together.  I finished it off with a vintage set and then fishtail braided pig-tails.


Are you a fan of color-blocking?
Which colors do you color-block with??

5 comments:

Gracey the Giant said...

I'm always amazed at how versatile you've proven those boots to be. You look great.

And I do like color-blocking; I just usually do it with brights. I'm a sucker for bright colors.

joy said...

I love the belt with the orange top, your outfit is so cute!

Eliza said...

boot envy!

Annie L said...

Love the orange and it looks great with the rust boots. Amazing look!
xo Annie

Sarah | Cable Car Couture said...

I love the color of your top! Orange is my new favorite color :)

Sarah
Cable Car Couture

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...