Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Crochet "Dress"

On one of my first blog posts I included crochet dress on my wishlist.  That doesn't even begin to cover my love of all things crochet, loose knit, and macrame.  It must be the inner 70s girl in me...but I'm not the only one!  Check out all the crochet from the SS collections (photos via fashionising.com):
Vivienne Tam
Gucci
Catherine Malandrino
Dior
Ferragamo (my personal fav)
I haven't yet found the perfect crochet dress I was looking for but I quenched my thirst for this laidback, woven trend with a vest (which you might already have seen here and here) and a skirt.

For this outfit, I kept it simple in neutral colors.  I chose a tank top in the same color as the skirt, belting the middle to hide the waistband, so as to create the illusion of a dress!
Vintage crochet skirt - FC ($8)
F21 basic cami - owned for looong time
Vintage belt - STA ($5)
Soho Lab wedges - FC ($10)
Accessories: sunglasses, F21 ($5); layered necklaces, FC;
handmade bracelet by Drew O'Reilly, FC ($18)
This last photo is a close-up of a handmade bracelet I purchased recently.  It combines two really awesome trends right now- friendship bracelets and wrap style bracelets.  I love it especially because the beads she used are neutral and mixed-metals (ie gold and silver) and she made it adjustable-you just tie to fit!  The artist's name is Drew O'Reilly and she has more pieces available at the Monkey Junction Fairy Circle - come check them out!

I spent less than $50 on this entire outfit and I think you should add a piece of crochet to your wardrobe for the same price! (click on any one to go directly to retailer)



If you love this laid-back, summery trend as much as me, you probably don't want it to end when the warm weather does.  Well, you're in luck!  We saw the continuation of all-things-knit in the Fall runway.  If you buy items in rich, neutral shades like black, brown or even navy you'll be able to wear them year-round!
Proenza Schouler, Christopher Kane, Edun
Do you love crochet too?  How do you wear yours?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...