Saturday, June 25, 2011

Inspiration: Mad Men

So, today was a very inspiring day for me (while checking my email).  I've been wanting to do this post anyway but decided to go ahead after I found out about the MadMen-inspired collection coming out at Banana Republic stores this fall via The Budget Babe (check her out if you haven't already: http://www.thebudgetbabe.com/).  Here are a few pics from the upcoming collection:

I have been wanting to do a Mad Men Inspiration post because my friend and I will be attending a "We Miss Mad Men" event this Thursday!  It is a free event where vintage vendors will be showcasing their finds, Mad Men re-runs will be playing, and there will be a costume contest!!!  I will be taking my camera so expect lots of pictures sometime next week but for now, here is some inspiration for you:
Meet the ladies:
Betty
Joan
Peggy
Quintessential icon: Jackie O
The late Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys
Marilyn Monroe
And, of course, runway inspiration:
Balenciaga ad circa 1950s
Prada cat eye sunglasses, fall 2010
Louis Vuitton was clearly inspired by
late 50s/early 60s fashion, fall 2010 runway
Do you love Mad Men?  Do you love the fashion of the late 50s/early 60s as much as I do???  Let me know what you think of the upcoming collection for Banana Republic and stay tuned for my "We Miss Mad Men" event coverage!

1 comment:

Eliza said...

The hair! Love the hair.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...