Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Braid

I always wear my hair the same way: I don't really do anything to it.  But your hairstyle can really complete your look...
Vintage skirt - thrifted, Bargain Box - ($2)
Zara tee - FC ($6)
Soho Lab wedges - FC ($10)
Vintage belt - from Mom
Vintage Louis Vuitton bag - from Mom

One of my coworkers french braided the front side of her hair and then pulled all her hair back and I just loved the look!  So I decided to try it myself except I left my hair down.  I liked how it looked from the front better than the side so maybe next time I'll pull my hair back and let the braid accent.

I wanted to show a close-up of the print on this skirt because the photos really don't do it justice.  The colors are earth-toned rusts and olives in a 60s floral print within a funky diamond print.  I paired it with an olive tee to bring some color into the outfit and left the accessories simple.  And hey, I'm print-mixing with my signature bag, right?

I'm linking up to both Freckles in April's 21 Day Challenge and Spunky Chateau's Thursdays are for Thrifters so check out all the fancy hair and thrifted finds!


Do you think your hairstyle really completes your look?  How do you usually wear your hair?  Usually the same, like me or do you love to experiment?  Share your tips!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I truly love your look. Simple and so pretty. Great skirt too. Nice to meet you!!! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Slauditory said...

That skirt is so pretty! It's very textile-ish. I really like the whole outfit!

Slauditory said...

Oh, and I wear my hair the same way all the time, except when I do the two pigtails thing. I do that when I go swimming or when I'm wearing something cutesy, usually.

Meagan said...

That skirt is so, so pretty and your hair looks adorable like that. Thanks for linking up this week!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...