Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cold Front Color Blocking

When I heard a cold front was coming through this weekend I just knew it would be the perfect weather for pulling out my new boots...
Vintage skirt - FC @ MJ ($9)
Express SS sweater - FC ($7)
Vintage Dex boots - FC ($24)
Vintage necklace - thrifted w/Mom ($3)
Vintage Louis Vuitton - handed down from Mom
close up of the vintage necklace I thrifted with my Mom during my trip
This is the first outfit I came up with around these boots.  I'll be able to wear them so many more ways too: with dresses and more skirts, and I can even tuck skinny jeans into them!  I'm beginning to think the dark rusty red will actually match a lot more than I thought it would when I bought them...

If you've been reading any of the fashion magazines recently (and I know you have) then you know color is still going strong for Fall.  I love the idea of "autumnal hues" used for color-blocking.
Love this picture! via fashionising.com
Also, I hope you like the sweater and skirt combination - it will probably be my go-to look for the cooler months ahead.  I inspired myself, in fact, when I designed the mannequins at the shop.  For those of you who haven't been, here's a peek into The Fairy Circle (front window):
added the pink belt for an extra pop of color
print mixing with a checkered button down layered under
the sweater and a larger print plaid skirt
these colors just pop against each other
One of the most fun parts of my job is dressing the mannequins.  For the window I decided to go with the theme of "sweater + skirt" combo because I think it is the perfect transitional outfit.  I went with contrasting colors and minimal accessories.  Hope you like this peek into my work-world!



Will you continue to color-block into the Fall and Winter seasons?  Do you like wearing sweaters with skirts too?  Which mannequin outfit is your favorite?

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I really like the combinations of colors in your outfits. I found your page b/c of your post on J's Everyday Fashion & I really like your blog. I'm gonna add a link to it on my blog b/c I'd love to share this with my friends & readers. Keep up the stylish work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...